What makes Dubai one of the most favourite and popular tourist attractions in the world?
It has everything including sun-kissed beaches, year-round warm weather, world-class restaurants, top-notch shopping malls, and theme parks that can entice visitors from different countries to its beaches to experience what the “must-visit” tourist destination has to offer.
And not just famed as a prestigious tourist destination, Dubai is an incredible place to work, visit, and live. Now, it is being lauded for its safety.
According to Numbeo…
Global statistics database, Numbeo – a crowd-sourced website has published the result of its survey for 2022 about the quality of life in different parts of the world.
For “quality of life”
This website ranks cities and countries according to their performance against several indicators for the quality of life.
A few of these factors include the cost of living, crime, climate, traffic condition, pollution levels, healthcare, and safety.
When it comes to determining the safety parameter
Respondents of the survey were asked to rate how they feel about crime and safety in the cities:
- How serious do you feel the level of crime is?
- Change of crime level in the past three years
- A feeling of safety walk during daylight
- Feeling of safety walking during night
- How worried are you of about being mugged or robbed
- Worries of having a car stolen (or things from the car)
- Worries of being physically attacked by strangers
- Worries of being insulted or pestered by anybody, while in the street or any other public place
- Worries of being subject to a physical attack because of your skin colour, ethnic origin, gender or religion
- Problems of people using and dealing drugs
- How much is the problem of property crime?
- How much is the problem of violent crime?
How did Dubai perform against safety index?
On Numbeo, the UAE performed highly overall but it’s the safety element where cities are being compared. The safety parameter is based on the users’ feedback who report how serious the crime was in the city, how much they feel safe in the surroundings, and whether they have a fear of being attacked due to discrimination or not.
Out of 460 cities where data has been supplied, Dubai came on the eighth spot – 232 places ahead of Mumbai, India. Interestingly, Abu Dhabi has secured top position i.e. number one and lowest for the perceived threat of crime.
Abu Dhabi has topped the list, around the world, for the sixth year in a row.
Other cities featured in the ten safest cities around the world include Doha, Sharjah, San Sebastian, Taipei, Quebec City, Funchal, and Zurich.